Prevent WhatsApp from Sharing Your Number with Facebook
Users have been reporting that WhatsApp has been posting their numbers to Facebook without them knowing. Find out how to prevent this from happening.
WhatsApp has quickly become one of the most popular messaging apps on the Android market. In fact, in February, WhatsApp announced that they had reached 1 billion users.
While WhatsApp is a hot commodity amongst cell phone users, there is one problem that has been frequently brought up amongst the owners of the app. Apparently, with the latest update, WhatsApp can post your number on Facebook for all of your friends to see. This is because you agree to a new set of terms and conditions that allows WhatsApp to share your phone number. This could obviously be problematic for those who want to keep a low profile.
Here’s how you fix the security settings:
- Open up the WhatsApp application on your phone.
- Find the “Android” button in the app.
- Tap the “action overflow button” in the top right corner and click on settings (This is in the lower right corner on the iOS).
- Click “Account.”
- Tap the checkmark on the right of “share my account info” so it deselects. You will then get a warning message stating “Are you sure you don’t want to use your WhatsApp account information to improve your Facebook ads and products experiences? If you tap “Don’t Share,” you won’t be able to change this in the future.”
- If you desire, click “Don’t Share.”
They’re not kidding about not being able to change the settings in the future. Once you click “don’t share,” there’s no going back.
Is your WhatsApp application running slowly?
PSafe Total has the perfect solution to your dilemma. The WhatsApp Cleaner within the PSafe Total package allows you to gain storage space by eliminating old, unused videos, audio messages, and images shared on WhatsApp. PSafe shows you exactly how much space you can save removing old files from the phone. The user is able to choose from which date they want to delete the files and also which files they want to delete.
Moreover, the WhatsApp Audio Cleaner quickly cleans your voice and audio messages that have been shared via WhatsApp. This cleans up room on your phone and helps it run at optimal speed.
What to learn more about Android Apps? Visit the PSafe blog!