5 Must-Have Holiday Apps for Your Smartphone
Add these festive apps and learn how to free up space for them on your Android.
The holidays are upon us! It’s time to set the tree up, get the decorations out and take care of all of your shopping. In between making Christmas cookies and hanging stockings, it’s great to unwind with some holiday apps on your smartphone. Take a look at a few of our favorites for this holiday season.
1. Advent Calendar – is a free countdown app that unwraps a gift for your phone every day until Christmas morning. Unlike traditional advent calendars that give you a piece of candy or a toy, this virtual version gives you a new game between Dec. 1 and Christmas.
2. Christmas Sweeper 3 – this holiday-themed puzzle game includes lots of mini-games, extra challenges with over 1,500 levels, and lots of Christmas animation. The game does not require assistance from friends to advance to higher levels. The game contains ads and there are optional in-app purchases to unlock special features.
3. Elf Yourself – a festive photo app that turns you and four friends or family members into elves by imposing pictures of their faces onto the animated characters. Once you add your photos, your elves come to life dancing in their own Christmas-themed music video that can be shared on social media and Youtube. The finished videos make a great virtual Christmas card to share with your friends and family.
4. Call from Santa – fun app for your kids to talk with the head elf himself! They can interact with a Santa Chatbot as if they were texting with him directly, record a wish-list, and even request that Santa give them a phone call! The app is free.
5. Google Santa Tracker – is hands down the best app for you and your family to track Santa on Christmas Eve as he journeys around the world in real time. Not only does the app feature a countdown to the moment Santa takes off from the North Pole, but it offers animated videos and games, too. One of the best features of the app is there are no ads and is completely free.
If you find that your device is a bit short on storage space and can’t fit all of this virtual cheer on your phone, dfndr security’s manage apps feature makes it easy to find and remove older apps you no longer use.
Once the holidays are over, don’t forget to give your phone another good cleaning to remove your holiday-themed apps until next year!