How to Post on Instagram and Facebook at the Same Time
Find out how to post on both platforms simultaneously.
Whether you use social media for work or pleasure, chances are you use both Facebook and Instagram and share the same content to both platforms. Having to manually post to multiple accounts can be a pain, particularly, if you publish to them multiple times a day. Learn how to save time by sharing posts to your Facebook and Instagram accounts simultaneously in a few simple steps.
Step #1 – Make Room on Your Phone
First, use dfndr performance’s duplicate photos feature to help you with free up storage space by easily eliminating multiple pictures with a single tap. It’s a great way to ensure that you have plenty of room to take photos to share online without your phone slowing down.
Read More: Are Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat Killing Your Battery?
Step #2 – Link Instagram to Facebook
In order to share posts from Instagram to Facebook automatically, you’ll first need to link the two accounts. Currently, it’s not possible for Facebook to post to Instagram, so your posts will have to originate from your Instagram account.
Follow these steps:
- Begin by logging into your account and going to your profile page.
- Next, tap the hamburger menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the upper righthand corner of your screen.
- Then, select the “Settings” button at the bottom of your screen.
- Scroll through the menu and find “Linked Accounts”. Facebook is the first choice on the list. You can also add Twitter, Tumblr and other social media platforms to your Instagram account.
- Once you select Facebook and set up the login credentials, there are two slider buttons on the next screen. One allows for sharing your stories to Facebook and the other allows for sharing posts. When the slider is to the left and grey, the function is turned off.
- To activate, simply slide the button to the left. Once it turns blue, your posts and stories will automatically publish to your Facebook account.
Step #3 – Automate Your Shares
There are several apps that can assist with the post sharing process that makes posting to multiple accounts a little easier.
Try these out:
- Buffer offers up to three social media accounts on their free plan and allows you to share up to 10 posts you can schedule posts at a later time.
- Hootsuite is another popular app that can be used for free that can post to up to three platforms. An auto scheduler can be used to post at optimal times of day for each platform.
- Crowdfire Social Media Manager supports multiple images and even suggests hashtags. It’s free for one account, so you’ll need to get the plus plan for around $7 a month in order to use it for both Facebook and Instagram.