How to Put a Password on Your WhatsApp
Protect sensitive content with another layer of security.
Instant messaging services have become a convenient and popular way for people to communicate with one another. One of the leading platforms is WhatsApp, a multimedia app that uses voice and video calls, text messages and other media to share information. The name “WhatsApp” is a play on the popular phrase “What’s up,” which is slang for asking what someone is doing.
Ultimately, it’s a great platform to connect with friends near or far, however; as with all online technology, one of the growing concerns with WhatsApp is privacy, and the amount of personal data stored on your account.
Hackers often steal passwords remotely using malware to take sensitive information. A lack of proper security to prevent these types of attacks is always a threat. Perhaps an even more significant vulnerability that is often overlooked is the inability to protect against an unauthorized person from gaining access to or posting content to WhatsApp if they were to get hold of your mobile phone.
Fortunately, dfndr security offers a solution with the Applock feature. Applock allows you to secure individual apps with a passcode or lock pattern. That way, if your phone is ever lost or stolen and left unlocked, your sensitive apps are still protected. Download dfndr security now and activate Applock:
Follow these directions to add a password to WhatsApp with Applock. These same steps can also be used to protect your other apps:
- After opening dfndr security, select the “tools” menu at the top of the screen.
- Scroll through the list of tools.
- Find Applock near the bottom of the list in the purple grouping of tools called “Privacy” and select it.
- Next, go to the gear icon in the upper lefthand corner of the screen and slide the selector switch to “enable.”
- You’ll then get a list of all of the apps installed on your phone. Choose “WhatsApp” and slide the switch to the right. It should change from grey to green.
- You can select additional apps to protect in the list using the same procedure.
- Set a password or lock pattern and the amount of time before the app locks again in the feature settings. Now you’re all set!
Applock is a great way to add a layer of security to apps like WhatsApp that contain sensitive information. Even if your phone is ever left unlocked, your data is still protected to keep snoopers and thieves out of your business.