Take Back Your Phone From Annoying Alerts
Notification Cleaner allows you to select which notifications you receive.
For most of us, mobile devices have become an integral part of our daily lives. We depend on our phones to stay connected to our friends and family, get the weather forecast, cooking recipes, check our bank balances, driving directions, photo storage, watching movies, playing games, and so much more. The average person’s phone contains apps for every conceivable situation. As convenient as this technology is, there are downsides. One of the biggest frustrations is the continuous alerts and notifications that bombard you throughout the day.
The constant influx of alerts can not only be disruptive but affect productivity. Many people feel the need to pause what they are doing whenever their phone goes off to check and see if they have an important message. Audible phone alerts can also be intrusive to others nearby. All too often these notifications involve software updates or come from bloatware, or apps that are factory installed. You can’t easily remove bloatware, and it’s often difficult to turn off update notifications. Many times, this leads you to mute your phone or turn it off altogether which might cause you to miss important messages and phone calls.
Fortunately, there is a solution. Notification Cleaner is a new feature dfndr security recently added to the award-winning anti-virus app. It allows users to determine which alerts they want to receive and which ones are placed on your “do not disturb” list. Notification Cleaner also offers the ability to view and clean junk notifications with one touch.
Here’s a quick tutorial on Notification Cleaner:
- To activate, open dfndr security and select the “tools” menu at the top of the screen. Scroll through the list of tools.
- Find Call Blocker near the top in the orange grouping of tools called “Cleanup.”
- Tap “Clear Notifications” and then the green “start” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, tap the pencil icon in the top right corner to get to the settings tab. Here you can toggle the feature off and on. Below, you’ll see a list of apps installed on your phone.
- To stop receiving a notification from a particular app, tap the bell icon next to it on the right of the screen. Any alert can be re-activated by returning to the settings list and clicking on the bell icon.
- Turned off notifications will appear in a list easily cleaned with a single tap.
Notifications Cleaner allows you to take control of your phone and stop annoying alerts. You’ll be able to enjoy your smartphone again without having to silence the volume or removing a favorite app because of excessive notifications.