3 Easy Ways to Transfer Your Calendar from iPhone to Android
Your calendar runs your life — you don’t want to risk missing an appointment. Here are the easiest ways to transfer your calendar to your new Android.
So, you’ve just made the move from iPhone to Android. All of your contacts have moved, as well as saved messages, photos, and more. But what about your calendar? Just because you have a new phone doesn’t mean that all of those important appointments and errands are going to go away. If you had a calendar chock-full of information on your iPhone, there are a few methods that make it easy to transfer all of that information to your new Android device.
1. Use iCloud
If you’ve made use of the ever-popular iCloud’s functionality, then you may have opted to store your calendar dates and settings here instead of directly onto your iPhone. Or, you may want to give the iCloud a try for the first time for doing just this. While this might be one of the trickier methods for transferring your information, it’s ideal for transferring a great number of calendar entries at once, and it can still be done in a few steps.
- First, on your iPhone, go to “Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.”
- Next, register or login to your iCloud account and enable it to sync your local calendar to the iCloud, if you have not done so already.
- On your PC or Mac’s web browser, go to www.iCloud.com and login to your account.
- Click on the calendar icon and choose the calendar in the top left that you want to transfer.
- Click “Share Calendar” and a pop-up menu will appear. Choose “Public Calendar” and copy the share URL.
- In a new web browser tab, paste the copied URL. Replace “webcal” with “http,” then visit the URL.
- This browser tab will now automatically download an .ics file onto your computer.
- Now, go to your Google Calendar and sign in or register. On the left panel of the interface, click on “Other Calendars” and there will be a menu.
- Select “Import Calendar,” locate the downloaded .ics file, and hit “import” to import all events.
- When you have finished importing all of the calendar events, you will see them on your Google Calendar. You can now sync this with the calendar on your Android phone, and all of your events will appear.
2. Use Google
Now that you have an Android device, you might as well familiarize yourself with everything Google has to offer! You’ll soon see that when it comes to transferring and importing/exporting important information, Google comes out as the easiest and most efficient tool to use.
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone, then select “Mail > Contacts > Calendars > Add Account.”
- Set up or login to your Google account.
- Go to “Calendars” and switch the toggle on.
- By doing this, you will automatically sync your calendar to your Google account.
3. Use a Third-Party App
As we always say: there’s an app for that! While the two options listed above are fairly simple and get the job done well, if you’re looking for any extra perks or want to sync even more calendars from different accounts across different platforms and devices, an app or program may be the way to go.
- SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar. This app lets you establish an iPhone-to-Android connection that can instantaneously sync your calendars (please note that it does not work from Android-to-iPhone). All you have to do is download the app, configure it and you’re good to go!
- Gihosoft Mobile Phone Transfer. This is not an app for your mobile device, but instead a program to download onto your PC or Mac. Once installed, all you have to do is connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable, and within the Gihosoft program select “Start Copy,” and your Calendar information can be transferred from your iPhone to any Android smartphone.