Your Guide to Instagram’s New Gallery Feature
Instagram has released another great new photo feature. Consider this your step-by-step guide to Instagram’s new gallery feature.
You may keep a variety of photos on your phone, from photos that you share on social networks like Instagram, to personal photos that you would prefer not to share with many people, or anyone at all. Sometimes, you wish some of the photos on your device were more private. Maybe you want to show photos to a friend or family member without having to worry about them spotting a personal photo.
Luckily, dfndr vault will help you to keep your private photos for your eyes only. Encrypt your photos, back them up on a cloud storage of your choice, and use the dfndr vault key to ‘unlock’ them and view them whenever you want. Click here to hide your private photos in a hidden gallery:
For those photos that you want to share on Instagram, you now have a new way of sharing them, by creating “galleries.” You can share up to ten photos and videos in a post. This new feature is similar to the Instagram Stories feature in that it allows you to group a select number of photos together in one post. Unlike Instagram Stories, your gallery photos won’t disappear after a select amount of time.
How to Create an Instagram Gallery
- Open the Instagram app. Next, click the “+” icon at the bottom of the screen, as you normally would whenever you want to add a new photo to Instagram.
- Locate the image that you want to add to the gallery. Click on the image and then select the “multiple photos” option on the screen.
- Pick which photos you want to be a part of the gallery. Click on the images that you want to add to the gallery. If you want to remove a photo, you can simply click an image again to remove it from your gallery. If you want to change the order of the photos, you can long-press a photo and drag it to where you want it in the gallery.
- After you have chosen your photos, and the order in which you want them to be displayed, you can edit the photos individually or as a whole by choosing a single filter for all of the photos.
- Then, create your caption. You can only create one caption for all of the photos; you can’t have a caption for each photo.
- Now, share your gallery. To show that you have posted a gallery, a series of dots will be displayed under the first photo to indicate that there is a series of photos for your friends to look at.