A Cooler Phone Battery is a Healthier Phone Battery
Your phone — and its battery — works best at certain temperatures. Temperatures that are too hot can lead to your battery being damaged. Find out more now.
Your smartphone functions more efficiently when it is at an optimal temperature. A temperature that is too warm will affect how your phone performs, in addition to damaging your phone’s battery. So, how do you get a cooler, healthier battery? The first step to a cooler phone battery is to use the Total Charge feature, which will help prevent your phone from overheating. Click here to use Total Charge:
Why Do Smartphones Overheat?
Most smartphones use lithium-ion batteries, which are more sensitive to internal and external temperatures. A warm smartphone is not something to be worried about — the issue is when the smartphone has become too warm or hot to touch, as these temperatures affect how the phone is functioning. Because lithium-ion batteries are so sensitive, they can quickly be damaged due to overheating. This can result in a shorter lifespan for your battery — meaning that you need to replace your phone or battery sooner than desirable — and poor phone performance. In an extreme case, overheating can lead to your battery exploding.
There are a lot of reasons smartphones overheat. They may overheat due to: a video playing, using Bluetooth for too long, too many apps running at once, the battery being bad or faulty by default, your smartphone being overcharged, or using a demanding app or program, among other reasons. Newer smartphones with virtual reality capabilities, for example, are prone to overheating due to the demands of VR technology.
How to Keep Your Battery Cool
- Use Total Charge to avoid overcharging your device.
- Don’t leave your phone plugged in overnight.
- Don’t play games or watch videos for long periods of time.
- Don’t leave your phone in a hot car or in direct sunlight.
- Avoid quick chargers that can cause your device to overheat.
- Give your phone a break from time to time, and use your laptop or another device for certain online tasks.
- Don’t charge your phone on a soft surface.
- Although a leather phone case may look cool, it may also cause your phone to retain heat.