Did You Know You Could Unlock Your Android With Your Face?
Android’s protection system lets you unlock your phone with facial recognition software. Here is a step-by-step guide for enabling this sophisticated system.
Android gives you solid protection options for your phone; you can lock down entry using a password, a gesture, or a PIN. But an even more personalized way to unlock your phone is by using your face. That’s right: Android has a face-unlocking feature. If you want the kind of protection this can provide — or you want to show your friends a cool party trick — facial unlocking might be right up your alley. Here’s how to apply facial unlocking to your phone’s start screen.
Set up an Unlocking Method for Your Phone
- To set up an unlocking method, first go to Settings and scroll down until you find “Security.”
- Click the “Security” button and then click “Screen Lock.”
- Once there, choose either “Pattern,” “PIN,” or “Password” You can choose any one of these three password combinations to begin with “Trusted Face.”
Set up Trusted Face
- After you’ve set up an unlocking method, return to the “Security” settings screen and click “Smart Lock” again.
- Enter the PIN, password, or swipe pattern you’ve just chosen.
- In the Smart Lock screen, click “Trusted Face.”
- Trusted Face will give you several suggestions for how to set up your face profile. First, make sure you find an indoor spot that isn’t too bright or too dark. Next, hold your phone at eye level.
- Click “Next.”
- A camera screen with a number of white dots in the shape of a face will appear. Fit your whole face within the face on the screen. If you do this successfully, the white dots will all turn yellow.
- The screen will then transfer you to a screen with the yellow-dotted face and a check mark. This means that you’ve enabled your Trusted Face successfully.
- Click “OK” at the bottom of the screen to exit the setup.
Use Trusted Face to Unlock Your Phone
- Your phone will lock after the length of time you’ve set in your Security profile.
- Trusted Face will appear when you open your phone.
- Position your face within the boundaries to unlock your phone.
Adding facial recognition to your phone is just your first step to protecting your phone. PSafe Total gives you complete security with its antivirus and anti-theft features. These features scan all of your phone’s files and SD card so you’re protected from breaches 24 hours a day. Furthermore, with PSafe Total’s Applock feature, you can add extra password protection to your phone by setting individual lockscreens for specific apps.