Yes, we store this information in order to track who we need to contact in case your email address is ever located in a subsequent data breach. Only the email address, the date you used the Identity Theft Report feature, and a token for verification is stored.
Archives: Help Docs
No, the Identity Theft Report search can only provide results for a single email address at a time. You cannot see other email addresses from a breach without first typing in that email address and searching for it.
While we keep the database as up-to-date as possible, it contains a subset of the data breach records from the past. There is still the possibility that your email address may have been compromised in a data breach that was never detected or reported to the public, or it may still be compromised in a future breach. It is important to check the Identity Theft Report feature regularly to ensure that your account stays secure.
There are many possible reasons for this:
- The service may have been acquired by another company.
- The service was rebranded as a different service.
- Someone else signed up on your behalf, or used your email address to sign up.
A data breach is an incident where information is stolen or taken from a system without knowledge or authorization of the system’s owner. Small or large organizations can suffer a data breach. Stolen data may involve sensitive or confidential information such as credit card numbers, or customer data such as email addresses or passwords.
Identity Theft Report is a Premium feature of dfndr security that allows you to check whether your personal email addresses have been compromised in any previous data breaches.
This report lets you know from which data breach your email address has been compromised and informs you of what action to take in order to secure your account and information.
Identity Theft Report allows you to check to see whether your email address has been involved in any previous data breaches. It scans email addresses stored from previous data breaches in order to determine whether your email address was part of a breach.
Using this feature is simple:
- Open dfndr security and select “Tools”, then “Identity Theft Report”
- On the main screen, enter your email address and tap “Search”
- Allow the system to scan for your email address in our data breach database
- Review the results
If your email address has been identified in a breach, you will see the results in our comprehensive report. You can select any of the data breaches in the report to learn more about what took place during the breach, and which steps you can take to ensure to secure your account.
Yes! A single subscription to dfndr vpn can be used simultaneously on more than one device. Simply install the dfndr vpn app on all your devices and make sure you are using the same Google account in the Play Store that was used to subscribe to dfndr vpn.
Changing your virtual location is a benefit of Premium. You’re must subscribe in order to use this Premium feature.
If you activated the 7-day trial subscription, you will automatically become a premium user once the trial has ended and you will be able to enjoy all the premium features.
Using a VPN does not affect the speed of your internet connection, your internet speed is dependent on the speed of the wifi or mobile network that you are connected to.
If your wifi or mobile internet connection is poor, then your VPN connection will also be affected.
We respect and value your privacy, so dnfdr vpn will never track or monitor your online activity.
dfndr vpn uses highly secure protocols to maintain and protect all of your internet data through our VPN connection. Additionally, dfndr vpn respects your privacy and will not track or monitor your activity while connected to the VPN.
You will need to use your own phone in order to cancel a subscription for purchases made on iOS. We do not have the ability to cancel your subscription for you from our end. To cancel your subscription follow these simple steps:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on your Apple ID.
- Tap View Apple ID when the pop up window appears.
- Enter your Apple ID password or fingerprint ID when prompted.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Tap dfndr vpn.
- Tap Cancel Subscription.
- Tap Confirm when prompted to confirm that you want to cancel your subscription.
Once this is completed, your subscription has been cancelled and you will not be billed for a new subscription once your free trial or subscription period ends.
If you subscribed for the 7-day trial period and didn’t cancel the subscription before the trial expired, then you automatically became a premium user once the trial ended.
You can verify your subscription through Google Play Store app > Menu > Account > Subscriptions. You will also have the option to cancel your subscription under the “Subscriptions” tab on the Google Play Store.
To check how much it costs and subscribe, tap “Get Premium” and then tap on “Start Free 7-Day Trial”.
Then follow the steps below:
1- Tap “Subscribe” and enter your Google Play Account info.
2- Tap “Confirm”.
3- Select your payment method and complete the process.
You can verify your subscription on the Google Play Store by opening the app > Menu > Account > Subscriptions.
You can see all your subscriptions on the Google Play Store app following the steps below:
1- Access the Play Store menu and tap “Account”.
2- Select “Subscriptions”.
3- This is where you’ll find all your active subscriptions.
If you sign up for a free trial, you’ll have all the benefits of Premium including an unlimited amount of data, virtual location selection, and no ads.
As a free user, you’ll have a daily limit of 200MB of secure data.
Yes! Signing up for the free 7-day trial provides all the benefits of a Premium subscription including unlimited data, using a virtual location, and no in-app ads.
If you do not cancel your subscription before the end of your trial period, you will automatically become a premium user and charged for a subscription. If you decide to cancel your trial or subscription, you can still use dfndr vpn. However, you will be limited to a 200MB maximum of secure data daily.
dfndr vpn is a state of the art service that has significant costs so it cannot be offered free of charge, however it is possible to still use it as a free user. Free users will see ads and also have a limit of 200MB of secure data connection per day.
You can start a free 7-day trial to enjoy all the features of Premium including unlimited connection, no ads and using different virtual locations!
dfndr vault is a free app to use, but subscribing to Premium will unlock additional features including: Unlimited Encrypted Cloud Backup, Fake PIN, Break-In Alerts, and App Camouflage.
The costs of a dfndr vault subscription to Premium are as follows:
1-month: $6.99 (US)/month
6-months: $4.66 (US)/month
12-months: $2.92 (US)/month
If you want to remove a file from your vault, you have two options: delete it or unprotect it.
To delete a file:
- Long press the file to select it
- Then tap the Trash icon at the top of the screen.
This permanently deletes the file from your vault, and also deletes the file from your device.
To unprotect a file:
- Long press the file to select it.
- Tap on the lock icon at the top of your screen.
Now the file is no longer safe in your vault, but you will still have access to the file on your device.
To reset your PIN or passcode for dfndr vault:
- Open the app and tap on the “Reset” option in the top left corner of the login screen.
- A login screen will open for you to enter your Google Account information that you used to set up vault.
- Enter your gmail address, and then your Google account password to complete these steps.
- After confirmation, you will be taken to a screen where you can choose a new PIN, pattern or password.
dfndr battery shows you much battery your screen is draining – it also allows you to adjust the amount that your screen drains your battery using filters.
To control your device’s screen usage, tap on “Screen Menu” tab in the bottom right corner of the app homescreen.
Here you can find a slider to adjust the brightness of your screen. Moving it to the left will drain your battery less, by making your screen less bright.
You can also choose one of the three economy filters: low, high and extreme. Using a filter lowers the number of pixels on your device’s screen, which will improve battery performance.
To uninstall dfndr battery:
Open Settings > Select Apps > Locate dfndr battery on the list of apps and tap on it to access the app’s settings then tap “Uninstall”.
Confirm the uninstallation, and now you have successfully uninstalled the app.
Open the app and tap on the Menu in the top left corner. Select “Settings” and locate Enable Notifications.
Toggle the button to the right to enable, or to the left to disable.
dfndr battery helps you save battery by closing the apps running in the background that you’re no longer using. To use this feature, you first must grant the app permissions on your device. Once permissions have been granted, you can run the Super Optimization function.
To use this function, access dfndr battery’s Menu in the top left > Select Super Optimization > Press the button to optimize. Wait for the scan to finish.
Cloud storage is a Premium dfndr vault feature which lets you back up an unlimited amount of encrypted files onto your cloud. Free users can still use cloud storage, but they are limited to store only 20 files in cloud backup.
To activate cloud storage
- Open the dfndr vault app and locate the cloud icon in the top right corner and tap on it.
- Select which cloud storage system you want to link to your vault account. (OneDrive, Google Drive, or Dropbox.)
- Tap on the service you would like to use, and then click Allow.
- Wait for the login to complete.
Now whenever you add files to your vault they will also be synced to your cloud storage.
To delete files from your cloud:
- Long press on the file you want to remove. A pop up window will ask you if you want to delete the file from your vault or from your cloud.
- Select where you would like to delete the file from.
- Confirm the deletion.
With a subscription to Premium dfndr vault, transferring your vault files to a new device is easy with your unlimited encrypted cloud storage. Simply follow these steps:
- Add all the files to your vault
- Sync them to your cloud.
- On your new device login to the same dfndr vault account
- Sync the files from the cloud into your vault gallery on your new device
If you are not a premium subscriber, follow these steps to transfer your files:
- Manually select all the files in your vault (long press them).
- Once all files are selected, tap on the small unlocked lock icon at the top of the screen to “unprotect” your files.
- Your files are now back onto your device’s storage, and out of dfndr vault’s gallery.
- Transfer your files to the new device however you would like to transfer them (email, text, messenger, etc.).
To import files:
- Open the app and tap on the small “+” icon in the bottom right of the screen.
- Select “Import files” from the new pop up that appears.
- Select which files you want to add to vault.
You can also add images or videos directly to your vault when you take them:
- Tap on the “+” in the bottom corner of the vault home screen
- Select “Take a Photo” to add an image, or “Record a video” to add a video.
To remove a file from vault without deleting it from your phone:
- Tap on the file and then tap on the “unprotect” lock icon at the top of the screen.
- To remove multiple files, long press a file in your gallery to select it then select any additional files.
- Once all files have been selected, tap the lock icon at the top of the screen.
- The files have now been added to your device’s storage.
To delete files off your device completely:
- Tap on the image and then on the trash icon at the top of the screen.
- To delete multiple files, long press an image in your gallery to select it. Select any additional files.
- Once all the files you want to remove from your vault have been selected, tap the trash icon at the top of the screen to delete them.
If dfndr vault is deleted from your phone, you will no longer have access to the encrypted files you had in your vault. However, if you are a Premium subscriber you can sync your gallery to your cloud storage, so transferring your gallery to a new device is easy.
To keep your files and remove the dfndr vault app:
1. Remove the files from your vault by long pressing on the files you want to remove from your vault to select them.
2. Tap on the unlocked lock icon at the top of the gallery page to “unprotect” your files.
If you delete the vault app, you can still gain access to your vault gallery by reinstalling dfndr vault and logging back in.
Premium subscribers to dfndr vault have many exclusive features available to them:
- Unlimited Encrypted Cloud Backup – Remotely store your photos and videos with a high level encryption in your cloud storage accounts on Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive.
- Fake PIN – Select a different PIN that triggers the opening of a decoy dfndr vault gallery. If anyone ever asks you to show them your vault you will have a second option.
- Break-In Alerts – With this feature enabled, photos of intruders will be taken for failed login attempts.
- App Camouflage – Disguise dfndr vault with an operating system icon such as a browser, calculator or settings icon.
To turn notifications from dfndr vault off or on, follow these steps:
- Locate the menu in the top left corner of the home screen of the app and tap on it.
- Scroll down to “Show Notifications” and toggle the switch to the RIGHT to turn notifications ON, or to the LEFT to turn notifications OFF.
Yes, for improved security you’ll have the option to select what time you’d like dfndr vault to shut down in the background if you aren’t using the app.
To adjust this, tap on the menu in the top left corner of the app, and then on “Settings”
Locate “Auto Sign Out” and tap on it.
From there you can select either Automatically, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, or 1 hour.
You can find all your active subscriptions on the Google Play Store by following the steps below:
1- Open Google Play Store and tap on the menu and then touch “Account”.
2- Tap on “Subscriptions”.
3- Here you can easily cancel dfndr vpn subscription by touching “Cancel”.
4- Confirm the cancelation.
dfndr vault is an app to keep your files private and only accessible to you.
You can store many types of files in dfndr vault including photos, videos, music and documents.
Once these files are in dfndr vault, they are safe. You’ll need an access PIN code, pattern, or fingerprint to get into the app.
Premium subscribers have even more features available to them including unlimited Encrypted Cloud Backup, Fake PIN, Break-In Alerts, and App Camouflage.
Camouflage is a Premium feature that allows you to hide dfndr vault’s app icon from intruders.
With this enabled, you can disguise dfndr vault with an operating system icon such as a browser, calculator, or settings icon.
To change the unlock method:
- Open the app and select the Menu in the top left corner.
- Select “Settings”
- Tap on “Security Options”
- Select which method you want to use to unlock your vault: PIN, Pattern, Password, or Fingerprint (on compatible devices).
A Fake PIN allows you to create a decoy dfndr vault gallery and is one of the features available to Premium subscribers.
You can select a different PIN that triggers the opening of a decoy gallery. If anyone ever asks you to show them to your vault you will have a second option to show them.
You can create a shortcut on your home screen to get quick access to dfndr performance.
To put a dfndr performance icon on your home screen, follow these steps:
1- Select the menu and choose “Settings” .
2- Select “Create icon on the main screen”.
This will add the icon for dfndr performance to your home screen.
Battery Booster closes apps running in the background to help you conserve battery power. You can select which apps you want to always keep open so they won’t be closed by dfndr performance’s Battery Booster by following these steps:
1- Open dfndr performance, select menu and then select “Settings” .
2- Tap on “Battery Booster“.
3- Scroll through the list of all the apps on your phone. Toggle the button to the right to for all apps that you want to leave running, or leave the switch to the left for apps you want Battery Booster to close.
The Battery Booster feature in dfndr performance closes power draining apps running in the background to improve your device’s battery life.
To use this feature, follow the steps below:
1– Open dfndr performance and select “Battery Booster” on the home screen.
2– On the Battery Booster Screen, select “Close Now” and then wait for the scan to end.
3– You can see a list of the apps that were closed by Battery Booster by selecting “Apps closed”.
You can also decide which apps you want to always leave running whenever Battery Booster is used by following these steps:
1– Open dfndr performance, tap on the menu and select “Settings” .
2– Select “Battery Booster“.
3– Toggle the button to the right for the apps that you always want to keep open, or keep the toggle to the left for apps you would like Battery Booster to close.
The Messenger Cleaner feature frees up memory and storage on your device by deleting photos, gifs, videos and audio files that are saved in your Messenger conversations.
To use this option, open dfndr performance and scroll down to the “Messenger Cleaner” feature and tap on it.
1- You can filter the files by date, type or size by selecting the filter button .
2- Before deleting files, you can first open them in a list to verify which files you want to delete.
3- Select all files that you want to remove, then tap “DELETE”.
4- Select “Confirm” to remove them.
REMINDER: Once confirmed, all selected files will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.
There are two options to uninstall dfndr performance:
You can uninstall the app using Google Play Store:
1- Open the Play Store app and select menu .
2- Select “My apps & games” then go to “Installed”.
3- Tap the icon for dfndr performance.
4- Tap “Uninstall”.
5- Tap “Ok” to confirm.
Or you can uninstall using Android Settings:
1- Open Android Settings .
2- Select “Apps”.
3- Choose dfndr Performance and select “Uninstall”.
4- Select “Ok” to confirm.
Giving root permissions is similar to being an administrator on your mobile phone.
Therefor some features and functions that are not available to the average user can be accessed through root permissions. For example, the user can delete preinstalled apps, adjust battery consumption or improve your devices processing. Manufacturers often prevent root permissions to control their product and ensure that no essential features are impaired. In addition, root permissions isolate certain applications and services within the system, preventing malware from accessing these sites and can also make data theft a concern.
If your smartphone does not have root permissions, it is recommended users do not attempt to allow root access since this is a violation of your device’s operating system, and can void your device’s warranty.
dfndr security is still free for all users, but there is an option to purchase a Premium subscription to dfdnr security that removes all ads in the app and allows you to personalize your notifications.
Running ads in our app allows us to offer dfndr security to our users for free and ensure a quality app.
To subscribe to Premium, open dfndr security and follow the steps below:
1- Open dfndr security, touch the menu and select “Get Premium”.
2- Select which plan you would like and then tap “Continue”.
3- Choose your payment method and complete the checkout.
Congratulations! You now have a Premium subscription to dfndr security!
In order for dfndr security to work properly on your Android device, we need a various accesses enabled, known as permissions.
For example: Without the camera permissions, dfndr security will not be able to enable “Intruder Alert”. This is part of the Anti-Theft feature that allows you to identify people trying to unlock your cell phone without your authorization by taking a picture of them during a failed login attempt.
Location permissions work with the GPS of your phone to show you where your cell phone’s current location is. Therefore this permission is necessary in order for Anti-Theft to work so you can track your phone if it is ever lost or stolen.
The Contact permission is necessary for the following functions of dfndr security to work:
No. Our app does not access or store your personal information without your permission.
Information is only requested so that the dfndr security app can protect you and improve the performance of your cell phone. When you accept the permissions, your information is protected by dfndr security, and no one will have access to your information.
Without accepting the necessary permissions, dfndr security will not be able to execute all its features properly.
Therefore, your cell phone will be exposed to threats, phishing scams and hacking attacks. The app will also not be able to free up additional space on your cell phone and it will not be possible to improve your phone’s performance.